125± Total Acres | 91± Tillable Acres | Knox Co.
By registering for this auction, I, or the entity on whose behalf I am bidding, hereby agree to and represent the following:
If I am bidding and signing the purchase agreement on behalf of an entity (i.e., partnership, corporation, or other legal entity), I have all requisite authority, power, and legal right to bind such entity to the terms and conditions of the purchase agreement.
I, or the entity on whose behalf I am bidding, have the financial capacity to close on the acquisition of these assets evidenced by my bid, and will fund the purchase price in cash at closing.
If I am the successful bidder, I will sign the form of purchase agreement as provided to me at the auction and perform in accordance with the terms and conditions included therein.
If I am the successful bidder, I will provide a non-refundable down payment equal to 10% of the contract purchase price immediately upon signing the purchase agreement in the form of a cashier’s check, personal check, money order, or wire transfer.
Kander LLC and its representatives are the exclusive agents of the Seller.
BIDDING PROCEDURES TO KEEP IN MIND:
1. All bidding is open and public. You or your authorized representative must be registered and present to bid in person or online, unless other arrangements have been made in advance.
2. Bidding opened online at 10:00 am CST on Wednesday, January 20, 2020. In-person and online bidding will remain open on individual tracts or the whole property until the close of the auction as determined by the Auctioneer. Bidding will be on a lump sum, total dollars per tract or combination of tracts basis (i.e., versus bidding per acre).
3. YOUR BIDDING IS NOT CONDITIONAL UPON FINANCING, so be sure you have arranged financing, if needed, and are capable of paying cash at closing.
4. Conduct of the Auction and the increments of bidding are at the discretion of the Auctioneer. The Auction Company reserves the right to enter bids on behalf of qualified internet bidders, telephone bidders, proxy bidders and the Seller.
5. The Auction Company is allowing bidders to participate in the event through online bidding and live bidding. Although the Auction Company strives to provide the most reliable services possible, interruptions and delays are unavoidable and the bidder acknowledges and understands that such services may or may not function correctly the day of the event. Under no circumstances shall the bidder have any kind of claim against the Auction Company, the Seller, or anyone else if the online bidding service fails to work correctly before or during the live event. The Auction Company will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. The Auction Company reiterates that if you are bidding online today using the online bidding service you are doing so at your own risk. If you encounter any difficulties with the online bidding service, please contact the Auction Company at 217-649-5849 and we will make our best efforts to accommodate your bidding request telephonically.
6. The State of Missouri and the Knox County Health Department have not implemented any specific restrictions governing the conduct of a live auction. As it relates to COVID-19 safety precautions, the Auction Company has separated tables and chairs according to social distancing guidelines and ask that all attendees and auction personnel maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart. Hand sanitizer and face masks have been made available in accordance with CDC guidelines.
TERMS OF SALE OUTLINED:
1. The purchase agreement is available for review in your bidder’s packet. It is the responsibility of each bidder to review this information prior to the start of the auction. The final bid price is subject to acceptance or rejection by Seller. The successful bidder will be required to sign the Real Estate Purchase Agreement immediately following the close of the auction.
2. Ten percent (10%) of the purchase price will be due as a non-refundable down payment at the close of the auction, upon signing the purchase agreement. The down payment may be paid in the form of a wire transfer, personal check, business check or cashier’s check, immediately negotiable. Payments will be made payable to American Title & Abstract Company.
3. The balance of the purchase price will be due at closing which shall be held on or before the 30th day following the execution of the purchase agreement. Closing requirements will be as specified in the purchase agreement. Seller shall give full possession at closing subject to any remaining rights of the tenant on the existing farm lease to store grain in the bins located on Tract 3.
4. Closing will be held at the offices of American Title & Abstract Company or at another mutually acceptable location.
5. Possession shall be given at closing subject to any remaining rights of the tenant on the existing farm lease to store grain in the bins located on Tract 3.
6. No survey will be provided by Seller. In the event Tracts 3 and 4 are purchased by separate Buyers, Seller will cooperate with the Buyer of Tract 4 to obtain a survey sufficient to transfer title. The Buyer of Tract 4 will be solely responsible for the cost of the survey. Should a discrepancy exist between the actual acreage and/or the actual square footage and the advertised amounts, the contract purchase price for either Tracts 3 or 4 shall not be adjusted to reflect the actual acreage or the actual square footage. In the event Tracts 3 and 4 are purchase by separate Buyers, a shared access agreement will be entered into by the parties.
7. Seller shall furnish the Buyer(s) at Seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the purchase price and agrees to provide and execute a proper deed conveying the property to the Buyer(s).
8. Real estate taxes and assessments will be the responsibility of the Buyer(s) beginning with 2021 taxes due in 2022 and thereafter. Real estate taxes and assessments for the 2020 calendar year due in 2021 will be a credit to Buyer(s) at closing based upon 100% of the last ascertainable real estate tax bill for a full year.
9. All 2020 farm income shall be retained by the Seller.
10. The sale of property shall include all mineral rights owned by the Seller, if any. For additional information, please refer to a copy of the preliminary title report included in the information books available at the back of the room.
11. The sale shall not include any personal property.
12. The real estate is being sold subject to these limitations: State and federal regulations, restrictions as to use or improvements of premises, any and all recorded or apparent easements including any utility, roadway, railway, and gas line easements, and any other limitations outlined in the purchase agreement.
13. Attached to the purchase agreement is the Disclosure of Information and Acknowledgments for Lead Based Paint and/or Lead Based Paint Hazards. If you are the successful bidder on Tracts 1, 4, and/or 8, you agree and acknowledge to waive the opportunity to conduct a risk assement. Copies of the required pamphlet “Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home” has been provided in the information booklet.
14. The Auction Company has posted such documents as tax bills, purchase agreement, aerial photographs, easements, preliminary title report, lead based paint disclosure, etc. It is the responsibility of each bidder to review this information prior to the start of the auction.
15. The property is being sold on an “AS IS, WHERE IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS” basis, and no warranty or representation, either express or implied, concerning the property or its future use is made by Seller or Auction Company.
16. Kander LLC, Hall and Hall Partners, LLP and their representatives are exclusive agents of the Seller.
Thank you for your interest in this property. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk to one of our representatives.
ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS MADE BY THE AUCTIONEER TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER THIS MATERIAL OR ANY OTHER ORAL STATEMENTS MADE.
Edina, Missouri 63537
This 1,471± acre property is being offered in 8 tracts. The property is primarily comprised of 1,249± acres of productive, tillable farmland with the balance in recreational timber and includes several country homes with outbuildings and grain storage.
With the multi-parcel auction format, you can bid on any individual tract which range from 3± acres to 300± acres, any combination of tracts or even the whole property. You, the bidder, has the ability to tailor-make an acquisition that fits your needs.
Most of the property includes upland and/or bottom ground tillable acres with type 3 soils that are better than county averages. The property also offers excellent recreational opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast.
Tract 1 includes a small three bedroom, one bath house with an unfinished basement in a private setting. Tract 3 features ten grain bins with a total storage capacity of approximately 168,000± bushels and a 7,500± sf quonset-style building for equipment storage. Tract 4, immediately adjacent to Tract 3, is a 3± acre home site with a lovely 1,824± sf home with three bedrooms and one bath upstairs plus an additional “in-law” suite in the basement that includes a bedroom, small kitchen and bath. Tract 4 also includes a small shop/garage on the property. Tract 8 includes is a three bedroom, one and a half bath ranch style home with a large open floor plan and a small unfinished basement. Tract 8 also includes is a 5,750± machine shed with a truck wash bay, a small open bay equipment shed, an unattached garage and a small 7,000± bushel grain bin.